Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cole Falling Asleep Standing Up!

OK, before you watch this video, please let me explain :) We have been having a VERY difficult time with Cole taking a nap...it's been over a week now that he has refused to take a nap, period! So, I talked to my pediatrician and she said to just put him in his crib during his normal naptime, make sure he is fed, diapered, has toys, and is safe and if he cries, let him cry. So as hard as it is, that's what we're doing - it's our only option. So, this child will cry...and cry...and cry!!! Today, he didn't have a morning nap...he cried/whined/played the entire 2 hours that he was in his room (I went in after about an hour for a little bit). So he was exhausted. This afternoon, I put him in his crib at 12:50 pm, right after he had eaten. He cried and whined most of the time, but I was too tired to fight my battles, so I let him go until {{cringe}} 3:45 pm. Of course, I checked in on him from time to time to make sure he was OK...and he was, just stubborn. So at 3:45 pm, I go up to find this...you may now watch the video :)


1 comment:

amy said...

oh my gosh! i laughed so hard i cried! poor thing! i can't believe how big he is!! i just love it when they play with their fingers, and it looks like they're bored. he is just too cute! amelia usually takes good naps, but it's the sleeping at night that we're still working on.